Good evening Beautiful Women Supporting Women,
Happy Blessed Monday to you all. I hope you are doing well and safe.
Here is some more information to help self-employed New Yorkers and other workers; NYS DEPARTMENT OF LABOR LAUNCHES NEW STREAMLINED APPLICATION FOR NEW YORKERS TO APPLY FOR PANDEMIC UNEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE WITHOUT HAVING TO FIRST APPLY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE
The New York State Department of Labor today announced the launch of a new application for New Yorkers to apply for traditional Unemployment Insurance or the new COVID-19 Pandemic Unemployment Assistance. This one-stop-shop for unemployment benefits will connect New Yorkers with the benefits they deserve faster, without requiring them to call the Department of Labor.
The Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program, which was included in the Federal CARES Act, provides unemployment benefits for individuals who are ineligible for traditional unemployment insurance. Examples of those covered by PUA include
· Self-employed New Yorkers;
· Independent contractors;
· New Yorkers who worked for an app-based company (i.e. “gig workers”)
· Those diagnosed with COVID-19 or who have COVD-19 symptoms and are seeking a diagnosis;
· Those living with a household member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
· Those providing care for a family or household member diagnosed with COVID-19;
· A primary caregiver for a child unable to attend school or another facility due to COVID-19;
· Those unable to reach their place of employment due to an imposed quarantine or because they have been advised by a medical provider to self-quarantine due to COVID-19;
· Those scheduled to commence new employment that cannot reach their workplace as a direct result of COVID-19;
· Those who became a major breadwinner because the head of their household died from COVID-19;
· Those who quit their job as a direct result of COVID-19;
· Those whose place of employment closed as a direct result of COVID-19;
· Those with insufficient work history and affected by COVID-19; and
· New Yorkers otherwise not qualified for regular or extended UI benefits and affected by COVID-19
Apply online at: unemployment.labor.ny.gov OR call at 888 209 8124.
Please reach out if you have any additional questions.
Have a beautiful and blessed week. Stay safe!
Changing the lives in our community….one family at a time. Thank