Happy New Year Dolls!
Another year we are blessed to be alive and fulfill our dreams. Believe it or not, I did not go anywhere! I stayed home and did laundry. I didn’t have my son home nor my 3 bonus kiddies. It was a very quiet but peaceful New Year. I will say I had a blast hanging out with my college friends the previous night until almost 2 in the morning. Help me LOL.
For the final post of the 2018, I promised I would discuss what needed to be done in order to be appointed as an Administrator of a Large Estate.
Here are the requirements are:
- Contact the surrogate or probate court of the county where the deceased lived or owned real estate.
- Briefly review the values of the deceased’s assets if you’re not sure what they owned
- Go to the probate court
- Complete the petition
- Sign and date the petition
- File the petition and pay the filing fee
- If a small estate has been filed then the lawyer would have to amend the papers to include more assets for the Administrator to manager.
For New York, the website to find all forms is: NYCourts.Gov
Keep in mind that the state you live in will dictate which paperwork is needed and what overall limits are. Please be sure to verify requirements before filling out forms.
As always, if you have any additional questions, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s start our new year off right. Wishing you all a year of love, peace and prosperity.
Changing the lives in our community…. one family at a time